Thursday, September 1, 2011

Know Your Brand

I have a good sense of what I was put on this earth to do however, there are times I forget. Take last night for example.  I was perusing the web and happened upon a site on branding. The site promoted the typical “you need to build a brand that makes you a lot of money or you are a failure” type of message.  Accordingly, the “expert” showcased her success at building her own brand by flaunting pictures with celebrities, and testimonials from CEOs of Fortune 500 companies.

The more I read, the more I felt as if I was doing it all wrong. Sadly, it took about 30 minutes before I realized what was happening.  I was allowing my mind to be bombarded with a message that wasn’t true for me. Building my brand has nothing to do with riches and stardom.
Like I said earlier, I know why I was put here. I am here to help others develop a mind to succeed and complete their earthly assignment. I have a particular interest in doing this with underserved populations. Even now my husband and I are in the process of drafting a plan to implement a non-profit that will teach the homeless, prisoners, addicts, and the severely abused how to think in a way that will bring them success (whatever success will look like for them).
This calling may be a lot of things, but glamorous it is not. Will it bring me in contact with celebrities? Probably not. Will I be wined and dined by Fortune 500 companies? Unlikely.  But what I will be is satisfied.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to get to the end of my life and look back with regret because I chased opportunities that were not mine to have. I plan to end my life knowing that I did everything that God told me to do. I pray that that will also be your testimony.
In one respect the experts are right. You need to know your brand and build it. But let me also add, let your heart build that brand and not your greed.

If you also have a tough calling, please comment and tell us what you are doing (or plan to do) and how you manage to stay focused. From your comments we will randomly select two of you to receive a free autographed copy of The 40-Day Surrender Fast.
I am wishing you good success in every area of your life,
Dr. Celeste
Now available The 40-Day Surrender Fast. Purchase your copy at www.surrenderfast.com or Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment