Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Trying Not to be Overwhelmed

QUESTION

Celeste,

I am struggling with which move to make right now. It's a lot going on and I am TRYING not to overwhelm myself.

     1.    Living with my parents and they are now experiencing a possible foreclosure. I have given them all the resources that I know of and at the same time my dad needs a kidney and I am the last one to be tested. He has not stopped smoking and this affects his health as well.
     2.    My daughter needs money to go back to school in Georgia, her grades are slipping and I cannot afford to send her back there but I do not want her to stay in this area/DC.
     3.    My son is making poor decisions and I am looking for a school (military, etc.) to send him to for a better environment.

ANSWER
Dear Trying Not to be Overwhelmed,
       Remember God’s good success requires a continual study of and mediation on His word. Here’s the scripture God gave me for you and here’s how He wants to speak to your heart.
Even to your old age and gray hairs
        I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
        I will sustain you and I will rescue you. (Isaiah 46:4, NIV)
Even to your old age and gray hairs
If you desire to see your old age, approach and resolve each problem with this philosophy in mind: pray and don’t worry.  I have said in my word cast all your cares upon me for I care for you (I Peter 5:7). I desire to be the center of your universe. When you allow Me total reign over your problems you will find joy, peace, and calm. Remember, I will keep you in perfect peace if you keep your mind on me (Isaiah 26:3).
I am He, I am He who will sustain you
Do you believe that? I will sustain. You have tried to do it by yourself for so long but now’s the time to turn it all over to me. I do not grow tired or weary, and my understanding no one can fathom. I give strength to the weary and increase the power of the weak (Isaiah 40:29).
I have made you and I will carry you
Before I formed you in your mother’s womb I knew you (Jeremiah 1:5). So let me carry you out of your pain to an abundant life. That doesn’t always mean that the trouble disappears because it is good that you are afflicted (Psalm 119:71)  but I can keep the trouble from harming you. I said in Psalm 91, I will give my angels charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways. They will bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.
I will sustain you and I will rescue you
With long life I will satisfy you; not just in years but to give you a life worth living (Psalm 91:16). I have great plans for you so trust Me, seek Me; I will answer you and deliver you from all your trouble. There is a great nation in you and you were created for such a time as this. Your children will rise up and call you blessed and for generations to come they will remember you as the one who served the Lord with all your heart. I love you, you can trust Me.
Amen
If you have a question you would like for God (through me) to answer please forward to info@drcelesteowens.com.

Praying God’s good success in every area of your life,
Dr. Celeste

1 comment:

  1. This comment is from Malinda Chisholm (New York):

    "Take one day at a time."

    ReplyDelete